Breaded Chicken Fingers
- Ready In:
- 6 chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips (or chicken tenders)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups oil (for frying)
- Place chicken strips into a large, resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, mix the egg, buttermilk and garlic powder. Pour mixture into bag with chicken. Seal and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- In another large, resealable plastic bag, mix together the flour, bread crumbs, salt and baking powder. Remove chicken from refrigerator, drain, discarding buttermilk mixture. Place chicken in flour mixture bag. Seal and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet to 375 degrees.
- Carefully place coated chicken in hot oil. Fry until golden brown and juices run clear.
- Drain on paper towels.
Join The Conversation
This is my first PAC recipe and I was in no way upset about it!! What a GREAT chicken finger recipe!! Everyone in the house gave this one 5 starts!!! A friend of my DSS asked to stay for dinner when he found out we were having chicken fingers, and he was not disappointed!! The garlic flavor was great and the chicken was tender and juicy!! Thank you for sharing a GREAT recipe!!
These were excellent! I did do a bit of an oops ~ as usual, I didn't read the recipe all the way through and totally missed the part about marinating the strips for a couple of hours. I just let them sit in the mixture while I was heating up the oil and they came out fine and tasted wonderful. The recipe was very easy to make. Thanks for posting a keeper!