Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups Fiber One cereal (original all-bran cereal)
- 2 teaspoons dry jerk rub
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped apricots or 1⁄4 cup papaya, if desired
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and finely crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor). Place cereal in shallow dish. Stir in jerk seasoning.
- In large food-storage plastic bag, place chicken, buttermilk, mustard and pepper sauce. Seal bag; shake well. Remove chicken from bag; coat with cereal mixture. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F). Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix salsa ingredients. Cover; refrigerate until serving. Serve chicken with salsa.