This is a neat jam recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel bananas; mash with fork.
- 2In heavy saucepan, combine banana, lime juice, orange juice, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- 3Bring to a boil; reduce heat and gently simmer the banana jam until thick, about 30 minutes, stirring often. Stir in liqueur and remove pan from heat.
- 4Leave vanilla bean in jam and spoon jam into three 6-oz sterilized canning jars.
- 5Fill jars within one-eighth inch of the top; screw on lids.
- 6Invert the jars for 5 minutes, then re-invert.
- 7Let jam cool to room temperature.
- 8*Store in cool, dark place.
- 9Refrigerate jam when opened. Will keep several weeks.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Banana Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 886.0
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 149.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 227.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 193.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: