1 hr 30 mins
This is a variation on the recipe of Dean Fearing at The Mansion on Turtle Creek, Dallas, TX
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless duck breasts (chicken)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 onion, sliced thin and sauteed to golden brown (Original called for Maui, Vidallia easier to find)
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1 roasted poblano chile, peeled, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin rings and grilled
- 1 cup grated jalapeno jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1Prepare a smoker for cold smoke. Place duck breasts on a smoker rack and put in the smoker for 15 minutes. Remove from the smoker.
- 2In a small bowl add fresh lime juice to sour cream and stir. Season with salt, to taste, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the duck breasts in an ovenproof saute pan and place in the oven. Roast duck for 10 minutes or until medium rare. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- 4Using a sharp knife, dice the duck breast into 1/2-inch pieces. Place the canola oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add diced duck and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the barbeque sauce and bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
- 5Place 4 flour tortillas on a clean cutting board. Divide the duck mixture onto the tortillas. Sprinkle the sauteed Maui onion, mango, poblano chili, red onion, cheese, and cilantro evenly over duck mixture. Top with the remaining 4 tortillas and brush each side with canola oil. Bring a large saute pan or griddle to medium heat.
- 6Place 1 tortilla stack in the pan or griddle and cook until golden brown or about 3 minutes. Using a spatula flip tortilla over to cook other side. Remove from pan and place on cutting board and cut into 6 wedges. Place on a warm plate and dab lime sour cream on each wedge and garnish with a cilantro sprig. Repeat with the remaining tortilla stacks.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion and Duck (Chicken) Quesadillas With Poblano
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.7
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 122.9 mg
- Sodium 1163.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 33.8 g
- Protein 27.7 g