Recipe by Lauren4372
Adapted from Semi-Homemade on Food Network, I don't want to lose it. You can use honey too, but I like the flavour of the sugar. Do not try it with milk, it really needs the heavy cream.
Top Review by Kailamom
I've made this quite a few times and absolutely love it. I add half of a red pepper, and a can of drained and rinsed black beans (I cut the corn down by half) and serve it over rice.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn, defrosted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- When butter is foamy add the corn stirring to coat with the butter.
- Cook stirring frequently for 1 minute.
- Add sugar or honey and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Increase heat to high and add heavy cream-continue to stir so corn won't stick to pan.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook corn until most all of the cream has absorbed about 5 minutes more.
- Remove add serve hot.