A wonderful side dish! Recipe by Grace Parisi from The Thanksgiving Guide. Food & Wine Magazine, June 2007 edition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a large deep skillet.
- 2Add the onions and 3 tablespoons of the vinegar and cook over moderate heat until they begin to brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, steam the brussels sprouts until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4Add the brussels sprouts to the onions.
- 5Stir in the sugar and the remaining 3 tablespoons of vinegar and cook over moderately high heat, tossing, until the brussels sprouts are tender and lightly caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Transfer to a bowl, garnish with the pistachios and serve.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Brussels Sprouts With Pistachios
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.8
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 39.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g