Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
This recipe made in the crock pot making your life easier by freeing up the oven for other comfort food to be prepared. Also keeps your kitchen cooler. Creamy cheesecake is swirled with prepared caramel and topped with cinnamony apple slices. This is made in a 7 inch spring-form pan that rests on a foil ring.
- 14.79 ml apple cider
- 177.44 ml crushed graham cracker
- 59.14 ml oatmeal
- 29.58 ml brown sugar, Packed
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 59.16 ml butter, melted
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/4 inch
- 118.29 ml apple cider
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 453.59 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml yogurt
- 14.79 ml flour or 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 59.14-78.07 ml prepared caramel ice cream topping
- 59.14 ml apple cider
- 14.79 ml pecans, chopped (optional)
- Prepare pan:.
- Grease a 7 or 8 inch spring-form pan with Pam or butter. Cut wax paper to cover bottom and butter it. Make sure the pan fits in your crock-pot. I was able to use an 8 inch spring form in mine. It does not rest on the bottom of the crock-pot but rests on the top edge. Which is a good thing! Or crumble up foil making a ring with it then placing it in the crock pot so the pan rests and stays lifted off the bottom of the crock.
- Mix all the ingredients for the crust.
- Place in the prepared spring-form pan, using an oiled plastic wrap over the crust press down to form a crust around the bottom and just over the seam of the pan. A nice trick for spreading the crust with ease and no sticking to hands. Discard wrap.
- In a large pan over high heat add topping ingredients. Bring to a boil and then simmer till reduced about 7 minutes. Set aside keeping in pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar till completely smooth with no lumps. Must be smooth at this point.
- Add remaining ingredients just to mix in do not over beat at this point.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Drizzle the caramel over the filling and swirl lightly throughout.
- Place apple slices in a spoke pattern over filling.
- Reserving the goodness in the pan for deglazing later.
- Pour into the crock pot with foil 1-2 cups hot water. Then place the cheesecake on the foil out of the water.
- Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours. Unplug pot and then rest for 1-2 hours.
- De glaze pan:.
- Deglaze the pan with the cider loosening any of the cinnamon and sugar that remains adding the nuts if using to coat. Reduce to half and set aside till cake has rested 1-2 hours.
- Spread glaze over apples with a pastry brush. Chill before serving.
This had a good flavor, but I kept asking myself, why the crockpot? It took longer than making it in the oven. I guess to keep the kitchen cooler, but that was the only reason I would ever even try to make a cheesecake in the crock. Made and reviewed for Craze E contest 2008