Crock Pot Cream Cheese Italian Chicken
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- 1 frying chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry Italian salad dressing
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup sauterne white wine or 1/2 cup sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- Brush chicken with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in a crock pot and sprinkle dry mix over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- About 45 minutes before done, mix soup, cream cheese, wine, and onion in a small saucepan.
- Cook until smooth.
- Pour over the chicken and cover and cook another 45 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over pieces when serving.
Join The Conversation
Great recipe, but I did make some changes. I browned the chicken first, then put it in the crock pot with the Italian dressing mix. I was out of cream of mushroom soup, so I made a homemade version of it. I deglazed the pan I had browned the chicken in with the wine, added the cream cheese and the cream soup mix, and the mushrooms.. Really tasty, thank you for the inspiration!
This is to die for good, rich yes, but soooo very good. It also goes together easy and makes for an attractive dish. The only thng I did differant was use a Cabernat wine as that's what I had on hand and I LOVED the very light rose glow it gave to the color. I know it's supposed to be white with chicken - but this was really pretty and the flavor was great. Served over egg noodles and with the rest of the wine - lovely meal and while I won't do this often (you did warn it was rich) I'll sure be doing it when I want to impress with something that doesn't take a lot of time.