Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This rice is yummy and a real treat for rice lovers!
- 2 cups rice
- 3⁄4 cup curds
- 2 sliced onions
- 1 piece ginger, chopped (1 inch)
- 4 split green chilies
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamoms
- 3 small cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 8 cashew nuts, broken
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Wash rice.
- Heat oil.
- Add the raisins and cashwents.
- Add sliced onions and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Add cloves, cinnamon and cardamoms.
- Add sugar and when it turns dark brown in colour, add rice.
- Add green chillies, ginger, corriander and chilly powder.
- Fry for a while.
- Add curds and stir for a few minutes.
- Add 4 cups of boiling water and salt.
- Cook on low heat.
- Garnish with nuts, raisins and fried onions.
- Serve hot.
I loved it. It looked good and tasted good too! The next time I make it I will reduce the chili powder to 1/2 teaspoon.