1/8 Photos of Caramel Popcorn (not too sweet or sticky)
I think this is a great caramel popcorn recipe, and I have tried quite a few! They were either too sticky or too sweet. This one is neither. The caramel dries well and doesn't stick to your fingers, and the sweetness is just right. I use spanish peanuts in this, but you could use other kinds of nuts, too. Here I was searching for the perfect caramel corn recipe, when all the while it was right in my recipe box! This is done in the microwave, and is very simple to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare microwave popcorn as directed on bag.
- 2Remove any unpopped kernels.
- 3In 2 quart microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on high until melted, about 1& 1/2 minutes.
- 4Stir in sugar and corn syrup, and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes.
- 5Stir in vanilla and baking soda until blended.
- 6Stir in popcorn, mixing well.
- 7(It may be a bit tricky to mix the popcorn in at first, but the more you stir, the easier it gets.) If you are using nuts, add them here too.
- 8Microwave on high for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes to coat popcorn evenly.
- 9Transfer caramel corn to tray lined with waxed paper, or parchment paper.
- 10Cool and break popcorn apart.
- 11Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Popcorn (not too sweet or sticky)
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 905.8
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.2 mg
- Sodium 487.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 154.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 86.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g