Fast and Easy Caramel Popcorn
This recipe is sure to be a hit with friends and family. It’s super easy and there’s not much of a mess to clean up afterwards. My kids love watching the mixture foam after adding the baking soda. We all start eating it right away but I do prefer it after it has had time to cool. It’s a real treasure to create! P.S. You might want to break it up with your hands as it starts to cool.
- Ready In:
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) bags microwave popcorn or (3 1/2 ounce) bags approx 1 cup corn
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 brown paper bag
- Place popped corn in brown bag.
- Melt margarine, brown sugar and syrup in microwave on high for 5 min stirring once every 1/2 minute
- Stir in baking soda, mixture will foam!
- Pour over popcorn in bag and shake well.
- Place in microwave on high for 1 inches Shake again, heat for one more minute.
- Shake, pour into bowl to cool and then enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I’m not one to comment on recipes but I HAD to on this one. I had a sweet tooth and wanted a quick and easy caramel popcorn recipe. This was AMAZING. I actually did only one bag and butter instead of margarine but it turned out SO good. I made 2 more batches for a family party. Seriously so good. Love love love it.