Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this on a Keebler coupon/recipe pamphlet at our local Weis grocery store and I wanted to post it for safe keeping (and so I could make it for New Years Eve).
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped and toasted (instructions below)
- 1 cup tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup frozen non-dairy topping, thawed (Cool Whip)
- keebler Wheatables crackers (for serving)
- TOASTING PECANS:.
- Spread evenly on baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 5-10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring once or twice.
- TO MAKE DIP:.
- In medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and ice cream topping.
- Stir in pecans.
- Fold in apple and whipped topping.
- Serve with crackers.
A party hit!!! Brought this to a cousin's home for New Years. She's famous for loving fruit dips. And she loved this one! The sweetness gets toned down a bit (in my mind, a good idea!!) because you spread it on crackers (I used Ritz and Wheatables). But I think it you want to continue the sweet theme, you could use Graham crackers. If you have to bring "something" to a party, this is a good choice - - it'll stand out amongst the cheese balls and chippy dips!