Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love caramel macchiatos from Starbucks, but at $4.00 a pop, you can have one everyday of the week for that price by making them at home.
- 6 ounces coffee (brewed)
- 6 ounces milk (steamed)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (to taste) or 1 -2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (to taste)
- 3 teaspoons caramel syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon artificial vanilla flavoring
- reddi whipped cream
- caramel syrup, drizzled
- To make a strong coffee, you can brew a ratio of 3 heaping tbsp of coffee to 6 cups water.
- Add vanillin to the coffee grinds before making the coffee, that way it will infuse while brewing.
- Once coffee is done brewing, place milk in a large cup and microwave until hot.
- In a tall glass combine the coffee, milk, and caramel syrup and stir well.
- Add sugar in small increments until desired sweetness is achieved, don't forget that the caramel will sweeten this beverage as well.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle caramel.
You can't make these with coffee, you need to use espresso in order to make them taste like they should. Not saying this won't taste good, but it won't taste like Starbucks. Substitute the 6oz of coffee in this recipe with 2 shots of espresso and then you have have a treat!
Mine turned out absolutely disgusting. I used hershey's caramel syrup, so I think that was the problem, but I don't know. Either way it didn't turn out tasting anything like Starbucks.
This version is great. I love the Starbucks version and had to try it. Now I make it almost every morning myself. Without having to spend tons of money.