Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Caramel lover's dream.
Make and share this Caramel Layer Squares recipe from Food.com.
- First Step:.
- Cook over low heat until carmels are melted. Keep stirring. Set aside to cool.
- Second Step:.
- Mix by hand, cake mix, butter, evaporated milk and nuts.
- Grease and flour 13 x 9 pan. Press 1/2 dough into pan, reserving remaining dough for topping.
- Bake at 350 for 6 minutes.
- Third Step:.
- Sprinkle 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips over baked crust. Spread carmel mixture over chocolate pieces. Spread reserved dough over carmel mixture.
- Return to oven and bake 15 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.
We call these Sinfully Rich Chocolate Caramel Bars. I have traditionally made them for SuperBowl for over 15 years. LOVE THIS RECIPE!