These satisfy a double-craving - caramel and chocolate!
Make and share this Caramel Fudge Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces,plus
- additional butter, for the pan
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 small chocolate-covered caramel candies or 16 pieces Rolo chocolates, halved
- Preheat the oven to 325°F Line an 8-by-8-by-2-inch baking pan with parchment paper or heavy aluminum foil, making sure the paper or foil extends beyond the edges of the pan; lightly butter the paper or foil.
- In a heatproof container set over, but not touching, a saucepan of barely simmering water, heat the butter and chocolate, stirring constantly, until the mixture is melted and smooth; remove from the heat; set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs and sugar until fluffy and lightened in color, about 1 minute; add the vanilla and mix until combined; add the chocolate mixture and mix just until incorporated; add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated; the batter should be smooth; using a spatula, fold in the chocolate-covered caramel pieces; spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake the brownies in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs; transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool completely; using a small knife, loosen the sides of the brownies from the pan; carefully lift the paper and the whole uncut brownie in 1 piece from the pan; remove and discard the paper; cut the brownie into whatever size you see fit to indulge inches.
very yummy! DS and I couldn't wait to eat them, won't be any left for DH when he gets home from work! Thank you for posting this one!
Wonderful brownies!! Since I didn't have bittersweet, I used a mixture of semisweet and unsweetened. 1/2 cup semisweet and 1 oz unsweetened. This was a great way to use up some extra CHRISTmas Rolo candies I got on sale. I ended up doubling the recipe and putting in 9x9 pan for some really thick brownies. It took probably 10 minutes longer but they were so yummy and chewy just like we like them. Thanks, evelyn/athens!
These were moist delicious brownies!! Easy to prepare and oh so tasty!! Used 70% cacao chocolate instead of the bittersweet. Used regular size rolos that I cut in half. Made for 123 Tag. Thanks Evelyn!! :)