Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These soft drop cookies smell just like apple pie. These freeze well. Great use for those apples in the fridge that look less than perfect.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup apple (peeled and grated)
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- Beat butter, sugar and egg well.
- Add apple, milk, raisins and nuts.
- Add all dry ingredients.
- Drop onto greased sheets.
- Bake 350° for 10 minutes or until done.
- Cool and top with icing.
- Icing: Melt butter and sugar in small pan.
- Stir and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove heat add icing sugar and milk.