Delicious Fresh Apple Cookies
photo by FrenchBunny
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (can use 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups apples, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons half-and-half cream or 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Comine the flour and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, egg and apple juice; beat until smooth and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add in the flour/baking soda mix to the creamed mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the chopped apples, raisins and nuts (if using) mix until well combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- To make glaze: mix/whisk together all the ingredients until smooth.
- While the cookies are still HOT, spread with glaze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I just felt like something other than a muffin with my morning cup of tea this week, so I made these cookies...They were absolutely delicious. They were a cakey kind of cookie so it went well with my tea. I forgot to take the pic when I still had all the cookies though....so took it when there were a few left. Mine though required 15 minutes in the oven. What surprised me was I actually made 36 cookies....that never happens to me with cookies or muffins I am always off by some. The only thing I didn't do was put in any nuts. But these were so yummy....Thanks for sharing Kitten.