Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love caramel on almost anything!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- whipped cream
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil and milk.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a greased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine caramels and water.
- Cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Add pecans.
- Cool slightly.
- cut the cake into squares; drizzle with warm caramel sauce.
- Top with whipped cream and pecans if desired.