Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy & Gooey. One of my dear moms recipes.
Make and share this Caramel Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Melt caramels, cream and butter in a double boiler.
- mix together: butter,flour,oatmeal,sugar, soda and salt mix well.
- Put 1/2 of this mixture in 9x13 pan and press down in pan; bake for 10 minutes @ 350.
- Remove from oven and pour caramel sauce over baked crust.
- Sprinkle with the remaining crumbs.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top and bake 15 minutes@ 350.
Delicious and a crunchier texture than I was expecting. Cut the recipe in half and baked the bars in an 8" square baking pan. Subbed coarsely chopped pecans for half the chocolate chips. Served with real vanilla ice cream. Ate the remaining bars for breakfast-which really shouldn't be that surprising. Thanks for posting. cg ;)
yummy yummy, this was so good and easy and I'm not much of a baker. I will definitely make them again.