Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can be used as a salad or dessert, and is a real kid-pleaser. It's also an easy accompaniment to bring to a potluck or holiday dinner.
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 2 large Red Delicious apples, diced and unpeeled
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts (not salted)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup crushed dry roasted peanuts (for topping)
- In large bowl, add dry pudding mix to Cool Whip, and beat until blended, scraping bottom and sides of bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Turn into serving dish and sprinkle with crushed peanuts.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Wow, wow, wow!! I just prepared this a moment ago for a department potluck we're having at work tomorrow and I couldn't help but sample a bite. It is just outstanding! I'm so impressed how the butterscotch could take on the caramel flavor so distinctly and the peanuts are such a surprise gem in the salad! It's lovely to look at too! Thank you so much for such a terrific recipe!
Though I was tempted to use the honey-roasted peanuts on hand, I decided to get the plain roasted as indicated. The dessert was just sweet enough and everyone loved it. The recipe couldn't be easier, and I'll definitely be making this perfect autumn dessert again. Thanks for another keeper!!
Not one of my kids liked this at all and I can't say that I did either. It was very disappointing as we were all looking forward to this.