photo by Color Guard Mom
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups Crispix cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups animal crackers
- 1 1⁄2 cups bear shaped graham crackers
- 1 cup bite size shredded whole wheat cereal
- 1 cup miniature pretzel
- In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until butter is melted; mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add butter mixture and toss to coat.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake,uncovered, at 300 for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: about 8 cups.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was made for a party snack table and served in a big glass jar. I doubled the butter, brown sugar, & cinnamon, but honestly dumped selected items into the bowl for coating. I used two kinds of chex, two flavors of teddy grahams, pretzel sticks, and sliced almonds. After baking mini marshmallows and s'more flavored candy corn were added. The mix has a sweet cinnamon-y taste & we called it "snickerdoodle crunch" to fit the party theme. Thank you for sharing the recipe! :-)
I can see this being a hit for kiddos - younger than mine. I know my little niece would really like it. My hubby and two teen boys thought it needed something more - more like a Chex Mix spice than the sugary cinnamon taste. I thought it was good and pretty much what I expected. I added some raisins, since I love raisins. I changed the shredded wheat cereal to Wheat Chex cereal. I do recommend this for those with smaller kids. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Christian. Single Mom. ? Eternal optimist. ? Runner. ? Certified fitness trainer. ? Virtual Coach. ? Etsy Shop Owner <3 Brand Ambassador