Cheesy Spaghetti Bake
This is one of my mom's recipes that my brother and I LOVED. Nothing too fancy. It's a simple kid-pleaser that adults like too. I haven't made this in ages, but she still makes it for my dad (and my single brother makes sure he stops by that night). ;)
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 16 ounces spaghetti sauce
- salt, if needed to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, DIVIDED
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Boil spaghetti noodles to al dente according to package; drain.
- While spaghetti is boiling, brown the ground beef with the onion; drain and return to skillet. Add the spaghetti sauce to the meat in the skillet.
- Add the hot cooked, drained spaghetti to the skillet; stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- In a saucepan, melt butter; add the flour, stirring constantly to make a roux. Slowly whisk in the evaporated milk.
- Turn heat to low and stir in the parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup only of the mozzarella. stir constantly until melted and smooth.
- Pour the cheese mixture evenly over the spaghetti in the 13 x 9 dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of parmesan cheese and then the oregano.
- Bake; uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and starting to brown on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My husband really liked this dish, he said he could eat it every day! I liked it, I thought it needed more spices, so next time I think I'll add some garlic and a touch of red pepper flakes. I would definitely make this exact recipe for my nieces though. It is very kid friendly. I used ground white turkey breast, skim evaporated milk, reduced fat parm. cheese and reduced fat mozzarella cheese to reduce some of the calories/fat.Reply