Creole Spaghetti Bake
- Ready In:
- 2 cups spaghetti (broken in half)
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 4 -6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 -4 fresh minced garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce (Hunt's is good)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup cooked cubed ham (I prefer ham) or 1 -1 1/2 cup cooked chicken (I prefer ham)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (or more if desired)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Cook spaghetti until firm-tender (don't overcook); drain, and toss with 2-3 Tbsp oil (this is so the spaghetti won't stick together).
- In a frypan, saute the bacon, onion and green pepper till the bacon is almost crisp, add in the chopped garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce, tomato soup (undiluted) mushrooms and cooked ham or chicken (if using), add in salt and pepper to taste, stir to combine.
- Add in the corn to the cooked spaghetti; toss.
- Then add in the tomato sauce mixture; mix well to combine with the spaghetti.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, then sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!