Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Personally my family and I think this is the best apple pie in the world. Try it--it's easy and delicious.
- 12 apples, peeled cored and sliced
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 4 pilsbery rolled soft pie crusts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of smuckers caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil apple slices in enough water to cover them for 15 minute.
- Drain apple slices in a collander.
- Replace apple slices into pot without heat and add margarine, cinnamon, sugar, caramel, and pecans.
- Stir slowly until all margarine is melted and other ingredients are well blended.
- Take 2 pie baking dishes and spray with no-stick spray until well coated.
- Open and unroll pie shells and place inside the pie dish; trim off excess with a sharp knife.
- Divide caramel apple pecan mixture between the 2 pie shells evenly.
- Moisten the pie shell where it is to contact the upper shell with water or egg wash, which ever you prefer.
- Open and unroll other pie shells for the cover shell and press down around the pie to seal.
- Cut 2 or 3 slits in the tops for vents and trim excess crusts from around the dish again.
- Place in center of oven for 35 minutes at 350 degrees, check to see if tops are golden brown. If they are, they are done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 45 minutes before slicing.