Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Perfect dessert for fall!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup caramel topping (for drizzling after baked)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 9x13 baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- For the streusel topping: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Sprinkle Streusel topping over apples. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping and let cool. Serve cold and enjoy!
This recipe is easy to follow, the use of the foil makes for easy clean up, the taste is delectable!!! One batch can be shared with a couple of families, great for the holidays! A great choice for a holiday cookie/bar exchange. The possibilities are endless, fruit choices can be substituted, cherries are great too!!! A family favorite!
This Mess Is The BOMB!! I'm licking ALL Pans! I had two helpings while it was still warm, BUT could eat the ENTIRE batch when chilled!