This is my favorite cake. A rich,buttery apple cake. No need for icing. I make this cake very often. It can be served warm with a dollop of whipped cream, served cold or even frozen for later use .You will be handing out copies of this recipe.Recipe came from a Robin Hood cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups peeled apples (diced or cut into small pieces)
- 0.5 (225 g) packagepackage chipits skor toffee pieces
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 0.5 (225 g) packagechipits skor toffee pieces
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder,baking soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream making 3 dry and 2 liquid additions. Fold in apples and skor Bits. Spread batter evenley in greased 13x9 cake pan.
- combine all topping ingredients, mixing until crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.