Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Captain Morgan's Rum enhances the spiced pumpkin pie. Heavy cream makes the pie smooth as velvet.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 2 jumbo eggs (Brown)
- 3 tablespoons spiced rum (Captain Morgan's)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) Libby's canned pumpkin
- 12 ounces heavy cream
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Do not prick holes in pastry shell. Cover edges of crust with foil and bake at 450 F for 8-minutes. Let crust cool and remove foil. Reduce oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl beat eggs and rum. Stir in sea salt, pumpkin pie spice, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, brown sugar, pumpkin puree stir mixture until smooth.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Place pie on sheet pan and bake at 375 F for 45-50 minutes. Insert a knife into center to see pie is done.
- Remove pie and place on a rack to cool.