Grandma's Pumpkin Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is the mildly spiced pumpkin pie I grew up on in the midwest. Recipe makes 2-9" pies. Prep time does not include making pie shells. Cook time includes 3 hour cooling time.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups solid pack pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- Line 2 - 9" pie plates with pie shells.
- Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl; stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mix; gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shells; cover edges with narrow piece of foil avoiding contact with filling.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes; reduce heat to 350° and bake another 35-45 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean or center of pie is set.
- Cool 3 hours, serve or refrigerate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION