1/2 Photos of Cappuccino Biscotti
1 hr 10 mins
A lovely cookie to go with coffee.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skinned and coarsely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder (optional) or 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a small bowl whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- 3With a hand mixer, beat the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, spices, and espresso powder until combined.
- 4Gradually add the egg mixture and beat until a dough forms, adding the chopped nuts and chocolate chips about halfway through.
- 5With floured hands divide the dough in half.
- 6On a lightly floured surface roll each half of dough into a log about 10 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- 7Transfer logs to the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 3 inches apart, and bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until firm to the touch
- 8Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- 9On a cutting board, with a serrated knife, cut each log crosswise, on the diagonal, into 3/4 inch slices.
- 10Arrange the slices on the baking sheet and bake 10 minutes, turn slices over, and bake another 10 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- 11Remove from oven and let cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cappuccino Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.6
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 48.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g