Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
We really enjoyed this salad adapted from Bon Appetit (August 2009)
- 1 lemon, juice and grated lemon peel
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into balls
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 8 radishes, sliced
- Combine dressing ingredients (lemon - vinegar) in bowl. Let stand 30 minutes and then whisk in the olive oil, mint and soy sauce. Season with pepper.
- In a large salad bowl add cantaloupe and veggies, toss.
- Add dressing and toss.
This salad grows on you. . .the flavors all do work together, but I think I would prefer it with a different dressing. Thanks for sharing!!!
Very nice! I made half a batch. Because I used dried mint (admittedly, fresh would probably be better. Next time!), I put it in with the lemon juice-shallot-vinegar. I noticed olive oil in the directions, but not in the ingredients. I decided 1 Tablespoon sounded about right for a half-batch. Thanks! Reviewed for the April Veg*n Recipe Swap.
My husband really bauked at the idea of radishes with cantaloupe. He was prepared to pick those radishes out, but guess what he really liked them with the cantaloupe. Very nice sald, nice change of pace. We had it with our veggie pizza.