Peach Crisp With Toffee, Pecans & Amaretto
Adapted from Nick's Bar & Fish House, New Buffalo, Michigan (published in Bon Appetit, August 2010). Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Ready In:
- 6 large peaches, peeled, halved, pitted, each half cut into 6 wedges (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 cup toffee pieces (such as Skor)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In large bowl, combine peaches, sugar, amaretto, orange juice, orange zest, and lemon zest. Toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place toffee bits, pecans, flour, and butter in a food processor. Using on/off turns, process topping until moist clumps form.
- Divide peach mixture among six 1 1/4-cup ramekins. Place ramekins on baking sheet. Sprinkle topping over peaches in ramekins, dividing equally.
- Bake crisps until juices bubble thickly and topping is crisp, about 1 hour.
- Cool slightly. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was very good. I made a half recipe as directed. Some minor changes I would make would be to use brown sugar next time, and drain the peaches prior to putting them into ramekins as there was a lot of juice at the bottom. But overall a great recipe for your sweet tooth. Thanks for sharing the recipe.Reply