photo by Brenda.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs heirloom tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil, torn
- Cook pasta following package directions, about 9 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, stir together the tomatoes, olive oil, olives, capers and balsamic vinegar. Add pasta to the bowl and stir to combine. Fold in mozzarella and basil.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a wonderful salad! I made it pretty much as directed but used fresh mozzarella pearls. I topped the salad off with coarsely ground black pepper. I absolutely LOVED the addition of capers! A must try summer salad. I'm packing this in my lunch for tomorrow :) Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.