A fun variation on the flavors of a Caprese salad! I recommend using good quality ingredients, as the recipe depends on only a handful of them to really shine. This was given to me by my aunt at my bridal shower.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces buffalo mozzarella, brie or 8 ounces light cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, snipped into ribbons
- 8 tomatoes, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more to taste, as desired
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb linguine
- In a medium bowl, combine your choice of cubed cheese with the basil, tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and black pepper, and stir well, using a fork.
- Add a little more olive oil, as desired, to prevent mixture from becoming too dry.
- Allow sauce to sit while you prepare linguine according to package directions.
- Immediately after draining linguine, toss with sauce and allow to sit for a moment while the cheese melts a bit from the heat of the pasta.
- Stir, serve, and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious! I love caprese salad so I knew that this would be yummy, too. I made as written, using tomatoes and basil from my garden, as well as fresh mozzarella. I used a basil infused olive oil and added some salt and pepper, to taste. This made a wonderful, light lunch for the two of us. Thank you for sharing. **Made for Culinary Quest - Suitcase Gourmets**Reply
see 9 more