Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Rachael Ray recipe from her EveryDay Magazine June/July 2008 edition. Light summer salad that features sweet cantaloupe, one of my favorite fruits! To make this a main course, simple add cooked chicken breast strips and chopped avocado on top. Fresh, light and tasty too! PS, the best cantaloupes in the world are grown in Indiana in my opinion. . .Poseyville's are absolutely grand if you can get your hands on them. . .they are kind of bumpy and ugly but they taste the best.
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lime juice and honey.
- Add the cantaloupe, cucumbers, celery and mind to the dressing; toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with the almonds and serve!
This was a delicious green coloured salad with honeydew instead of cantaloupe and no yogurt to be dairy free!!! I used freshly squeezed lime juice, creamed (whipped) honey, English cucumbers, fresh mint from the garden plus the rest. I would make this again the same way or if doing dairy try with the yogurt. Made for Veggie Swap 24 ~ July 2010 ~
I found this a mix of interesting flavors, but it works. I did omit the celery (personal preference) and reduced the honey to 1/2 tbsp. [made for recipe swap #19 Aug '08]