Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I hope you enjoy this. My dad does.
Make and share this Canning Dilled Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Wash beans, push together as close as you can in a pint jar. Try to push as many beans as you can into one pint jar.
- In a Pint Jar Add: crushed red pepper, mustard seed, dill seed, and garlic.
- Combine vinegar, salt, and water and put on stove.
- Heat to a boil. Process 5 minutes after boiling starts.
- Tip: I put the lid on the stove to on warm so when I put the mixture in it will close tightly and won't come undone.
- Fill jars and seal.
- Tip: Do not spill the mixture on you- it is hot and will burn you.
- Wait 3 months before opening.
- This makes 10 pints.
Very easy to make! I had a surplus of green beans from my neighbor, and had never canned g. beans before so I chose this recipe. I added spices and 1 garlic clove per jar, then I put the beans in and poured the vinegar mixture over the top. I put the jars in a hot water bath for 10 min. and placed them upside down to finish sealing. I used regular salt, but should I have used pickling salt, or canning salt? Or does it matter? Nevertheless, now it's just a waiting game! Ok, so DH & I couldn't wait the 3 months & opened one this morning & it was amazing! We ate them straight but would be super good with a bloody mary! I'm going to save the rest of the jars for our family reunion and sell them in the auction... thanx for the great recipe luvinlife94!