Canning Diced Tomatoes & Tomato Juice
- Wash tomatoes, then place in kettle of water cook on medium high heat until skin cracks.
- Then take out, place in bowl in sink and pour cold water inches Then drain and do again.
- Peel tomatoes, then with strainer over bowl, cut open and leave in strainer, and repeat with other tomatoes. When cool enough, remove stem part. Reserve the tomato juice.
- There are still probably seeds left so next place tomatoes in sieve. I like the new one stainless steel food mill. After getting rid of more juice and seeds underneath in bowl, put tomatoes aside in 1 kettle, set aside.
- Then strain juice/seeds into strainer so juice goes into a second kettle. Throw seeds away. Mix seasonings in Tomato Juice, cook on medium high heat till boiling. Meanwhile you should have washed your pint size jars in soapy water/rinsed and place in your big kettle of water, boil until water reaches 180 degrees. Then take out a few jars, fill with Juice, Seal and put back in water for 15 minutes on medium high heat. Take out and place on towel to dry/cool.
- Next take your kettle of tomatoes, add 2 chopped pepper/onion, garlic, spices, 2 jars of tomato paste. Cook for 1 hour on medium high to medium heat. Same as before take your jars, put a drop of lemon juice in bottom, then fill with Tomato mixture, seal and put back in water for 15 minutes, take out to dry/cool. Clean up mess.