Recipe by Amanda in Adelaide
I made this after seeing a similar recipe in an old magazine, but I changed a few things. It is surprising how very tasty this healthy soup is!
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- celery top, chopped
- 2 (400 g) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2⁄3 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan, add onion and cook gently until transparent, then add garlic and cook further 3 minutes.
- Add celery and carrot and cook for 3-5 minutes, until celery is transparent.
- Add drained beans, stock, celery tops, thyme and salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and simmer gently for 45 minutes.
- Puree in processor until smooth, check seasoning and reheat and serve.