Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This recipes assumes you know and use the proper canning methods. This is the way my MIL, Mother and I have done it for years and years. I see in the latest Ball Blue Book that they list the proper way is to hot pack it. I truly don't see the difference between wild game and raw pack pork. I use the basic directions for stew meat.
- Raw pack:.
- Add 1 tsp canning salt per quart jar.
- Add 1/2 beef bouillon cube to each jar.
- Pack with meat and desired amount of onion. (I add 7 to 10 pieces of onion to my jars). Pack meat tightly. I use a wooden spoon to jam the meat in tightly.
- Remove air bubbles leaving 1 inch head space. Affix two part lids.
- Process in pressure canner at 10 lbs pressure for 90 minutes for quarts.