Recipe by barefootmommawv
This recipes assumes you know and use the proper canning methods. This is the way my MIL, Mother and I have done it for years and years. I see in the latest Ball Blue Book that they list the proper way is to hot pack it. I truly don't see the difference between wild game and raw pack pork. I use the basic directions for stew meat.
Top Review by Z,G,L's mom
Have used this recipe for years. My family really enjoys this. You can use this so many different ways. One of our favorite ways is to open and drain. Mix a can of cream of chicken soup, a pack of onion soup mix and stir into the meat. put in a baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice. Delicious and easy! I also use it with soups or stews.
- 10 lbs raw cubed venison
- 5 -7 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 large onions, cut into thick strips (8ths)
- canning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Raw pack:.
- Add 1 tsp canning salt per quart jar.
- Add 1/2 beef bouillon cube to each jar.
- Pack with meat and desired amount of onion. (I add 7 to 10 pieces of onion to my jars). Pack meat tightly. I use a wooden spoon to jam the meat in tightly.
- Remove air bubbles leaving 1 inch head space. Affix two part lids.
- Process in pressure canner at 10 lbs pressure for 90 minutes for quarts.