1/1 Photo of Canned Fresh Tomato Spaghetti Sauce
Chef Jen #1's Note:
I've always loved homemade spaghetti sauce and this one is my favorite. If you like your sauce chunky don't run through food mill, I usually make some smooth and some chunky. Also the original recipe called for 2 Hot peppers to be cooked in the oil with the garlic and onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut tomatoes, run through food processor, then through food mill, and put into a large pan to cook.
- 2Meanwhile cut up the garlic and onions and cook in oil in a separate pan, then run through the food mill.
- 3Add onions, garlic, and remaining ingredients to tomatoes and slowly heat to a boil. Boil stirring occasionally until thick (about 2 hours).
- 4To can, pour into clean hot quart jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- 5Process 40 minute in a boiling water bath.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canned Fresh Tomato Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.6
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6676.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 47.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spaghetti sauce mix