Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just right for Halloween! The orange, yellow and white candy corn gives these brownies a decided Halloween flair! What's more, if you use the brown, orange and white candy corn, this recipe is appropriate for Thanksgiving. Use the green red and white candy corn at Christmas time. There is even a candy corn for Easter nowadays. The salted peanuts contrast flavorfully with the sweet cereal and candy corn. You can use the lightly salted dry roasted peanuts, if you wish. Recipe comes from an old grocery check-out stand cookbooklet.
- fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups frosted mini Chex cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup candy corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom only of a 13" x 9" baking pan. Or line the pan with aluminum foil which will facilitate removal.
- In a medium bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, water and eggs; stir until well-blended. Spread in bottom of prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean.
- Remove pan from oven. Immediately sprinkle marshmallows evenly over warm base Return to oven; bake an additional 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to puff. Cool while preparing topping.
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and corn syrup; blend well. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until well blended.
- Add cereal, peanuts and candy corn; mix well. Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows; spread to cover. Cool 1 hour 15 minutes or until completely cooled. Cut into bars.