1/2 Photos of Candy Cane Ice Cream Pie With Oreo Cookie Crust
5 hrs 8 mins
Basic recipe from Woman's World 12/18/08, but I have added instructions for an Oreo pie crust. Preparation time includes chilling time. To allow advance preparation of the whipped cream topping, I use Kate's Chantilly Cream - Stabilized Whipped Cream With Vanilla #485591. Made 12/18/13: whipped cream was unnecessary; vanilla layer did not impress, why not use chocolate mint as a contrast? Used 12 Star Light peppermint candies in clock face layout and crushed 6 candies to sprinkle over top. I recommend using a rich ice cream so that it will soften easily. Edy's Grand Peppermint was super in this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
OREO PIE CRUST
- 20 Oreo cookies, crumbled (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
ICE CREAM FILLING
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 10 Oreo cookies, crushed (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 quarts peppermint ice cream, softened
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
- 1MAKE OREO PIE CRUST:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius).
- 3Mix Oreo crumbs and melted butter together.
- 4Press into 9" deep-dish pie pan bottom and sides.
- 5Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely.
- 6PREPARE ICE CREAM FILLING:.
- 7Spread softened vanilla ice cream over bottom of pie crust.
- 8Sprinkle with crushed cookies.
- 9Freeze until set, about 1 hour.
- 10Spread softened peppermint ice cream over cookie layer, mounding slightly in center.
- 11Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 12PREPARE WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING JUST BEFORE SERVING:.
- 13On medium-high speed, beat cream with sugar until stiff peaks form.
- 14If desired, fit large star tip into large pastry bag. Using small, clean brush, starting at tip of bag, paint 5 long lines of food coloring inside bag, ending 1 inch from top edge. Fill bag with whipped cream. Pipe rosettes.
- 15If not using pastry bag, spread plain whipped cream over pie.
- 16If desired, garnish with peppermint candies.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Cane Ice Cream Pie With Oreo Cookie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.1
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 207.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
peppermint ice cream