Recipe by Mary Scheffert
These would be a wonderful addition to any holiday cookie platter.
Top Review by JOY1998
I made these candied walnuts to dress up a plain salad. They totally made the salad incredible. My BF said it was the best salad he ever had (greens and dried cranberries topped with these candied walnuts). I didn't know that candied walnuts could be so easy to make. Thank you for posting this recipe!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups walnut halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugars& sour cream in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until it boils.
- Continue to boil until mixture reaches soft ball stage (240F) or until it forms a soft ball when dropped into cold water.
- Stir in salt& vanilla.
- Pour hot candy mixture over walnuts in a mixing bowl.
- Mix until walnuts are evenly coated.
- Spoon out onto waxed paper.
- Separate walnuts.
- Allow to cool& set.
- When dry, store in airtight container.