Almost don't need dressing!
Make and share this Candied Walnut Orange Salad recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons sugar, for top
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, from can
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped large
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 heads butter lettuce, washed and dried
- 16 ounces mandarin orange segments, 2 cans
- 1⁄2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped large
- 1 cup asian-style dressing (such as miso dressing or ginger dressing)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a large cookie sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray. In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, add 6 tablespoons sugar and mandarine orange juice. Bring to a simmer, and then add walnuts. Cook until sugar is absorbed and mixture starts to caramelize around walnuts, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar. Toss walnuts in cinnamon-sugar. Place walnuts in single layer on prepared cookie sheet. Bake until walnuts appear crystallized and toasted, about 8 minutes. Set aside
- Chop lettace. Mix all ingredients together.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of dressing on top of each salad and serve.