1/1 Photo of Candied Walnut Orange Salad
Marsha Hamner's Note:
Almost don't need dressing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons sugar, for top
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, from can
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped large
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Line a large cookie sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray. In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, add 6 tablespoons sugar and mandarine orange juice. Bring to a simmer, and then add walnuts. Cook until sugar is absorbed and mixture starts to caramelize around walnuts, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
- 3In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar. Toss walnuts in cinnamon-sugar. Place walnuts in single layer on prepared cookie sheet. Bake until walnuts appear crystallized and toasted, about 8 minutes. Set aside
- 4Chop lettace. Mix all ingredients together.
- 5Drizzle 2 tablespoons of dressing on top of each salad and serve.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Walnut Orange Salad
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.8
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: