Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on another web-site. I made it for dinner tonight and the whole family absolutely loved it!! I hope you guys enjoy it as well.
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 (15 ounce) cans green beans
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper
- Brown bacon in medium skillet and remove.
- Add Drained green beans to drippings and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add butter and brown sugar, gently stirring until sugar has dissolved and green beans are heated through.
I adore green beans and these are wonderful fare. The directions need clarification about when to add the garlic salt (I added in step #3) and whether to add the cooked bacon to the finished dish (I did, chopped up). I prepared it ahead of time and it re-heated well except for a some extra liquid it produced. Thanks!