*Tink's White Chocolate, Honey-Nut, Birthday Party Chex Mix
photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- 5 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 5 cups Corn Chex
- 1 (10 ounce) package small pretzels (squares, pretzel twists or sticks)
- 2 cups honey roasted peanuts
- 4 -5 ounces colored sprinkles or 1 lb M&M'
- 2 (12 ounce) packages vanilla chips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the Honey-Nut Cheerios, Corn Chex, mini pretzels, honey-roasted peanuts and M&Ms; set aside.
- Cover large area of table, counter top, or two large cookie sheets with waxed paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat vanilla chips and vegetable oil on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and heat 1 minute longer.
- If needed, microwave on full power for 10 seconds and then stir until smooth.
- Pour melted vanilla chips over dry mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Spread out on prepared wax paper-covered surface, and allow to cool completely. (I leave mine alone overnight.).
- When cool, gently break apart large pieces and store in an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! I am happily married with two children, 26 and 12. For nearly 10 years when this site was Recipezaar and then Food.com I hosted several different forums. I enjoyed making, creating, reviewing, and photographing recipes, but what I miss the most are the friendships I made here. I was Food Editor for the Mill Creek View Newspaper in Mill Creek, WA. for about 4 years during that time. Currently I am the office manager at a small mental health clinic. I'm not on this site much anymore, but I do continue to appreciate and respond to all reviews posted to my recipes.