Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The balsamic vinegar is a brilliant touch to the roasted potatoes. This recipe is from Alice Kruger the food editor for the Winnipeg Free Press.
- 4 medium red potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 6 sprigs fresh lemon thyme
- Heat oven to 350°F Place potatoes cut side down in a baking dish just big enough to hold them. Sprinkle chopped onion over top. Pour melted butter and vinegar over potatoes; season with salt and pepper. Tuck sprigs of lemon thyme around potatoes. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 2 hours, turning potatoes over during last half hour to coat with butter and vinegar. Potatoes and bits of onion will be a deep golden brown. Makes 4 servings.
- Just The Best Favourite Recipes From Canada’s Top Food Writers.
This was very tasty, but I doubled the recipe to serve with another meal. It was even better tasting the second time. I sliced the onions rather than chopping and used 2 onions, as my family really likes onions. Thanks for a great recipe!
Had a dinner party last weekend and served these potatoes, everyone loved them. I like the easy bake and prepare factor, not to mention the taste...Will make again and soon.