Oven Roasted Potatoes With Garlic and Rosemary
The original version came from Cuisine at Home. This is a truly easy side dish that is great for company. It goes wonderfully with roasted meat or chicken. Prep time includes 20 minutes resting time prior to roasting.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled and cut in large chunks
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan large enough to hold all of the potato chunks, bring water to a boil.
- Add potatoes, and boil for 2 minutes. You are not trying to cook the potatoes through at this point.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Be generous with the salt, or the potatoes will be bland.
- Drain the potatoes well, and add to the oil and garlic mixture.
- Mix gently, but thoroughly.
- Cover bowl, and let sit for at least 20 minutes, and up to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place potato mixture in a roasting pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Toss potatoes with a spatula.
- Return to the oven for 10 more minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
- Check seasonings, and add more salt or pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
We really loved these potatoes. Made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. They were cooked just the way we enjoy them, crisp on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. Used coarse sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to season with. The dish has a really nice balance of flavors, thank you so much for sharing. Made for Best of 2013 Tag Game.