1/1 Photo of Canadian Maple Mousse
2 hrs 25 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
It's almost maple syrup time! Celebrate spring with this great recipe showcasing it. The recipe was found in Longo's Experience magazine. Cooking time includes 2 hour chill time. Actual cooking time is only 10 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small saucepan, bring pecans and maple syrup to a boil.
- 2Remove from heat and using a small fine mesh sieve or slotted spoon scoop out the pecan pieces onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 350F for 8 minutes or until golden.
- 3Set aside to cool.
- 4In the meantime, in a large bowl, whisk egg yolks and pour hot maple syrup into egg yolks until well combined; set aside.
- 5Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of the whipping cream and heat mixture in microwave for about 45 seconds, whsking once to dissolve gelatin.
- 6Whisk into maple syrup mixture and set aside, whisking occasionally for about 1 hour or until the consistency of egg whites.
- 7Whip remaining cream and stir 1/4 of the cream into the maple syrup mixture.
- 8Fold in remaining cream.
- 9Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until set.
- 10Scrape mousse into piping bag fitted with star tip and pipe into 8 parfait glasses and top with the candied pecans.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canadian Maple Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.9
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 144.1 mg
- Sodium 27.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g