Maple Syrup Mousse
photo by Belloo
- Ready In:
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 cup whipping cream, 35%
- Dissolve gelatine in the warm water.
- Beat egg yolks until light yellow and thick.
- Heat the maple syrup until boiling point (do not boil).
- Whisk the dissolved gelatine into hot maple syrup.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture over the egg yolks while mixing at low speed.
- Return the mixture to the pan and heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Put in the fridge until it gets as thick as honey.
- Beat the egg whites, until stiff.
- Beat the whipping cream, until stiff.
- Pour the thickened maple mixture into the egg whites and fold in gently.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour mixture into a pudding mould or dessert bowls.
- Keep in the fridge a few hours before serving.
- Decorate with whipped cream, edible flowers, a dusting of chocolate, or nuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a retired teacher. My late father was an award-winning pastry chef. I learned quite a lot from watching him and from the tips he gave me over the years. How I loved to watch him magically put together a magnificent wedding cake or create something beautiful out of chocolate.