Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
- 1 large potato, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chicken consomme or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a deep, 3-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole place 1 cup water, potatoes, onion, carrots and celery.
- Heat, covered, in microwave oven 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, except parsley, and heat, covered, 5 minutes or until soup bubbles and cheese has melted.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley.
While the soup was easy to make, it wasn't as flavorful as I would have liked. I also had difficulty with the cheese and half and half cooking properly in the microwave. I think I would cook it stove top next time.